Psychological Consultants offers the following services:
- Rapid psychological assessments that can be completed within 72 hours from the time the patient is interviewed. This includes comprehensive psychological assessments for the following areas: General psychological assessments, parenting assessments, disability assessments, etc.
- Psychological assessments in the matter of parental estrangement. Parental estrangement is a common syndrome often referred to as “parental alienation.” Dr. Reitman is an expert in the field and has published (see PaulReitman.com for articles).
- All of the examiners are competent in the assessment of individuals in the following forensic areas: Sexually dangerous persons, sexual psychopathic personalities, mentally ill and dangerous, competency to stand trial, not guilty by reason of insanity, competency to marry, competency to handle one’s own funds, etc. Dr. Reitman in particular has provided recent assessments for competency to marry.
- Psychological assessments and custody studies. Custody studies are a very controversial area. Recent trends in research suggest that state of the art competency evaluations will attempt to keep both parents involved as much as possible. The research clearly indicates that children from divorced families do much better through adolescence and young adult life if they have had almost equal access to both parents (see Dr. Reitman’s article (PaulReitman.com).
- Neuropsychological assessments. Neuropsychological assessments and neurocognitive assessments to assess patient’s capacity for independent living, handling one’s own funds, competency in many aspects of life, assessment of special needs.
- Individual therapy, marital therapy, couples therapy, and family therapy for children, adolescents, adults in the geriatric population.