In Service Presentations for Law Firms & Clinics – Free of Charge
Paul M. Reitman, Ph.D., L.P., F.A.C.F.E., is a forensic and clinical psychologist since 1981. During that time, he has also practiced in the fields of hospital psychology, outpatient psychology, and has always maintained a clinical practice on both an outpatient and inpatient basis. he has always maintained a clinical practice and was a hospital psychologist up until 2017.
Dr. Rebecca Seifert Psy.D. L.P. joined Dr. Reitman in June of 2012. Dr. Seifert specializes in forensic psychology, doing civil commitments, adolescent and child psychology, adult psychology. Dr. Seifert trained with Dr. Reitman in 2005.
Dr. Krista Peterson, Psy.D., L.P. is an associate since 2014. She specializes in forensic clinical psychology as well as industrial organizational psychology.
Dr. Adam Gierok, Psy.D., L.P. specializes in forensic clinical psychology. He particularly specializes in psychological assessment and forensic psychology, risk assessments, etc.
Dr. Reitman has done over 350 cases in no fault law, workers compensation, disability cases, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination. Dr. Reitman is not characterized as a plaintiff witness, or defense witness. Dr. Reitman has worked with Exam Works for 17 years. Some of his cases have been reviewed by the Appellate Court.
Forensic specialties include civil commitments of:
- Mentally ill
- Chemically dependent
- Mentally ill and dangerous
- Sexually dangerous
- Sexually psychopathic persons
Paul also works in these areas:
- Family Law
- No Fault Law
- Criminal Law
- Workman’s Compensation
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
Much of his work has been reviewed by the appellate court and the Minnesota Supreme Court and cited.
Dr. Reitman is a neutral examiner and previous cases will affirm that he has opined equally in favor for both the plaintiff and defendant. This is regardless of whether he was initially hired by the plaintiff or defendant.
Dr. Reitman developed a senior forensic group of psychologists, lawyers, and retired referees.
Psychological assessments form the background of his practice and he is a very frequent presenter on the subject.
- Presented at the 2006 annual Minnesota Judges’ Conference and spoke on a panel about wrongful sexual abuse allegations and how evaluations should be conducted. Also on the panel were the Honorable Judge Robert Birnbaum and the Honorable Judge Gordon Schumaker from the appellate court.
- Dr. Reitman teaches doctoral students and supervises clinical interns from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology, Ph.D. clinical psychology students from the University of Minnesota in forensic practicum, and St. Mary’s doctoral program until 2017.
Court Appointed Psychologist to conduct assessments for the Sexually Dangerous Person Commitment, Sexual Psychopathic Commitment
- For counties throughout Minnesota
Court Appointed Psychologist to Conduct Civil Commitment Hearings
- For counties throughout Minnesota
- For the following counties in Minnesota
- Performs independent medical examinations for ExamWorks
- Performs IMEs for private attorneys and some IME houses throughout the country.
- Adjunct Associate Professor at St. Mary’s University teaching forensic psychology in the Psy.D program
- Psychological Consultant for Immanuel-St. Joseph’s Family Recovery Program, Outpatient Chemical Dependency Program and Co-Dependency Program for Mankato, Minnesota
- Clinical Director for Immanuel-St. Joseph’s Riverview Clinic.
- Fairview University Hospital in Wyoming, Minnesota
- Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids, Minnesota
- Unity Hospital in Fridley, Minnesota
- Psychological consultant to Brooklyn Police Department for officer assessment
L.P. = Licensed Psychologist
F.A.C.F.E. = Fellow with the American College of Forensic Examiners